The 7 chakras.
The first: root-support chakra, Muladhara
This chakra is located at the bottom of your spine. The associated animal is the elephant Ganesha. Muladhara is related to instinct, security, survival and also to basic human potentiality. Muladhara is symbolized by a lotus with four petals and the colour red. Key issues involve sexuality, lust and obsession. Physically, Muladhara governs sexuality, mentally it governs stability, emotionally it governs sensuality, and spiritually it governs a sense of security.
The second: the Sacral chakra, Swadhisthana
This chakra is located in the sacrum (hence the name) and is considered to correspond to the testes or the ovaries that produce the various sex hormones involved in the reproductive cycle. Swadisthana is also considered to be related to, more generally, the genitourinary system and the adrenals. The key issues involving Swadisthana are relationships, violence, addictions, basic emotional needs, and pleasure. Physically, Swadisthana governs reproduction, mentally it governs creativity, emotionally it governs joy, and spiritually it governs enthusiasm. The associated animal is the crocodile of Varuna.
Third: solar plexus, Manipura
This chakra is located in your solar plexus. Manipura is related to the metabolic and digestive systems.Key issues governed by Manipura are issues of personal power, fear, anxiety, opinion-formation, introversion, and transition from simple or base emotions to complex. Physically, Manipura governs digestion, mentally it governs personal power, emotionally it governs expansiveness, and spiritually, all matters of growth.
Fourth: the heart chakra, Anahata
Anahata is related to the thymus, located in the chest. Key issues involving Anahata involve complex emotions, compassion, tenderness, unconditional love, equilibrium, rejection and well-being. Physically Anahata governs circulation, emotionally it governs unconditional love for the self and others, mentally it governs passion, and spiritually it governs devotion.
Fifth: the throat chakra, Vishuddha
Vishuddha may be understood as relating to communication and growth through expression. This chakra is paralleled to the thyroid, a gland that is also in the throat and which produces thyroid hormone, responsible for growth and maturation. Physically, Vishuddha governs communication, emotionally it governs independence, mentally it governs fluent thought, and spiritually, it governs a sense of security.
Sixth: the brow chakra, Ajna
Ajna, is known as the third eye chakra and is linked to the pineal gland which may inform a model of its envisioning. The pineal gland is a light sensitive gland that produces the hormone melatonin which regulates sleep and waking up. Ajna’s key issues involve balancing the higher & lower selves and trusting inner guidance. Ajna’s inner aspect relates to the access of intuition. Mentally, Ajna deals with visual consciousness. Emotionally, Ajna deals with clarity on an intuitive level.
Seventh: the crown chakra, Sahasrara
Its role may be envisioned somewhat similarly to that of the pituitary gland, which secretes hormones to communicate to the rest of the endocrine system and also connects to the central nervous system via the hypothalamus. According to author Gary Osborn, the thalamus is thought to have a key role in the physical basis of consciousness and is the ‘Bridal Chamber’ mentioned in the Gnostic scriptures. Sahasrara’s inner aspect deals with the release of karma, physical action with meditation, mental action with universal consciousness and unity, and emotional action with “beingness”.
- sheliftsmorethanyou reblogged this from djxradtke
- soulcity likes this
- underthelovetree reblogged this from yogateachings
- maite-fernandez reblogged this from vv0lf
- saminnn reblogged this from wewillfloaton
- wewillfloaton reblogged this from yogateachings
- artis-anythingyoucangetawaywith reblogged this from yogateachings
- yogaion reblogged this from yogateachings
- vanialeal reblogged this from greeendore
- akeridae reblogged this from vv0lf
- nouveauplanemo reblogged this from amidst-trees
- dance2urmusic likes this
- greeendore reblogged this from amidst-trees
- amidst-trees reblogged this from yogateachings
- audibleallusion likes this
- lavieenroses reblogged this from yearningforunity
- toska-raw reblogged this from yogateachings
- phiils reblogged this from shitstoocrucial
- phiils likes this
- kimisdope likes this
- shitstoocrucial reblogged this from vv0lf
- rubyclocks likes this
- purehappynessxoxo likes this
- shankara-nayarana reblogged this from empathy-vs-apathy-nyc
- shankara-nayarana likes this
- trueandvegan likes this
- empathy-vs-apathy-nyc reblogged this from vkstr
- vkstr reblogged this from yearningforunity
- leticiawypych likes this
- moondancewolfmother reblogged this from vv0lf
- until-underverse-come likes this
- wesleysnipes reblogged this from yogabound
- fefinatorr reblogged this from rubyslippersindeed
- rubyslippersindeed reblogged this from vv0lf
- shantiheart reblogged this from yogateachings
- j03iiii reblogged this from vv0lf
- jiggle-me-loosely reblogged this from justpickme
- justhavefaith reblogged this from vv0lf
- justpickme reblogged this from vv0lf
- idesire2inspire likes this
- darkepiphanies reblogged this from thedolo
- those-super-richkids reblogged this from vv0lf
- scarletterae reblogged this from djxradtke
- slapterz reblogged this from vv0lf
- justmissedyourheart reblogged this from through-good-and-bad
- ka-vo reblogged this from styleandsavasana
- amen-chanel-hooker reblogged this from lginquisitiveness
- lginquisitiveness reblogged this from vv0lf
- ourabouros likes this